Dimitrovgrad ~ Pirot
1. Cover photo is boys I met at Pirot city in last moment.
2. 24km, flat field course.
3. I carry baggage by morning train to Pirot before I start. I will stay two nights at Pirot.
4. This is shelter in front of Pirot station. Pirot has a population of 60,000.
5. I am going back to the starting point by train.
7. I bought ticket in the train. The cost was equivalent to 1400 Korean won.
8. I arrived at the station at 10:15.
9. This is selfie at starting point.
11. I approach to village, named Beles.
12. There are frequent bus services in Serbia.
13. They keep enough firewoods in their houses.
14. It started to rain.
15. This looks like Renault car used for a long time.
18. Double-decked farm storage keeps sheafs of straw and firewoods.
19. Residents keep vegetable garden in this village. Regardless of intensity of farming they seem to manage vegetable garden very well.
20. This vegetable garden has enough width for self-sufficient supply of food. Self-suffiency of food is keyword for residents Earth village. In the past, Cuban people survived in crisis of economic blockade of U.S. by urban farming. The people in China and South-East Asia provide food by self-sufficient farming.
21. Dry-field farming requires frequent care by farmer. The farmer has to look after the crop day and night. It is very labor-intensive. Vegetable garden is suitable for urban farming. Urban farming developed in Germany and England from early days.
22. This white barrel is used for making urine ripe. Ripe urine is best for dry-field crops. When feces is utilized as fertilizer, it is called recycling life style. Such fertilizer makes soil healthy and enhances soil capacity to store CO2. Chemical fertilizer does not have such advantage. It is not desirable for un-ripe fertilizer to flow into the sea as we see these days.
23. This is double-decked farm storage located at outside of a house which has large farm land or orchard. There are sheafs of straw inside the storage. Staw is good for mulching the weeds. Straw is used as natural fertilizer as well.
24. This vinyl house seems to be used for growing seedlings.
25. Self-sufficieny including urban farming help reduce CO2 emission which follows transportation of food products. It makes the soil and the life healthy. This is grammar in times of climate crisis.
28. From the first moment of city planning, a strategy to activate urban farming is necessary.
30. I walk such a nice road.
32. Signboard indicates Nature Reserve Area.
35. Scenery in the far sight.
37. Cold rainy wind started. The wind changed into gale. I have to go against the wind. I need winter cap. I took out winter cap from backpack.
38. I had a hard time in walking 10 km.
39. It was a struggling walk in the second half of today’s course. Such a beautiful scenery consoled me.
40. I arrived at the border of Pirot city barely before sunset.
41. This place is cross section of road and railroad. This is whistle stop.
42. I arrived at central square of Pirot city after dark.
45. There are several stores selling soccer lottery. Residents enjoy watching soccer game at this store and expect fortune as well.
47. Just before I reach shelter I met these boys who were hesitant at first. Later they became friendly and took selfie. I think the reason of today’s delay was to meet these boys.
48. Today’s shelter was Garni Hotel Alma which was clean and worker was kind. After a long while, I found a satisfactory shelter.