I decided to take rest the whole day while I carry my baggage to a hotel in Sofia. Usually, I walk half day when I take rest. Since I walked a lot yesterday, there would be no problem regarding schedule.
1. Cover photo is the girls whom I met in Sofia. They were practicing K-pop dance.
2. Cover photo 2 is the scene they practice in front of a large mirror.
3. Leisurely, I left Hotel Lazur of Kyustendil in the morning where I stayed 5 days. The price was not expensive, and it was relatively comfortable. It is perfect for a traveler who walk with baggage like me to find hotel just in front of train station.
6. Several deforesters thinning out trees got off at a whistle stop in the mountain. Thinning out is necessary for a healthy forest. Effective prevention of forest fire is by-product. Fallen trees will make green house gases when left alone. When trees of thinning out are carried as firewood, it makes additional attraction. It will also make job opportunity. This is grammar in era of climate crisis.
7. I transferred another train.
8. I took a selfie with a girl whom I met while I wait for the train.
9. I am approaching Sofia.
10. I checked in a hotel. Afterwards I left for city-tour.
11. Tram tour is best in Sofia.
13. I was going to pay fare, then a citizen sitting next to me gestured that I don’t need to pay.
It was free.
14. There were several tram courses.
16. I took a selfie with tram driver who was raising his thumb up.
17. The populatin of Sofia was more than 1 million. The population density was high. Sofia keeps cultural relics from the times of early Christianism and Roman Empire to Osman Empire in the 20th century. At the same time, Sofia keeps modern system of urban planning. It deserves more research. I would like to study more about Sofia later.
18. By close look, I found out that most tram and buses requried fare. The free bus I experienced a couple of days ago was exceptional, I guess.
19. For lunch, I visited the Korean restaurant where I ordered bibimbab and ramyon. I have been to the restaurant a couple of days ago. With Korean food, my cells seem to be awakened. This photo is a park near the restaunrant.
20. This park was a botanic garden where many people visit.
22. This is Alexander Nepski Cathedral. This is symbolic place where allied forces of Othordox Church defeated Osman troops in 19th century.
23. This is an important place in Bulgarian modern history.
24. I stayed here for a while.
25. The inside was splendid.
27. I walked by Parliament and Government Office area.
32. The relics of early Christian era.
34. The relics in the center of city were well managed.
35. I walked and looked at the relics.
36. Some girls were posing in front of large mirror near the building.
37. Wonderful rhythm dance.
38. Probably they were imitating Black Pink, a quartet K-pop.
39. The girls realized that the photographer was a Korean. They shouted, “Annyonghaseyo!” in Korean. What a wonderful selfie!
40. A mosque in times of Osman Turk.
41. I entered the mosque. The musims were praying. Freedom of religion is respected in Bulgaria.
45. Now it is getting dark. I want to see the remaining relics including the place where Galerius stayed later. Galerius was crowned as Roman Emperor.
Categories: 17. Bulgaria, Course and Diary
Leave a Reply