Gyueshevo ~ Kyustendil ~ Kopilovtsi
1. Cover photo is the landscape of Bulgaria which includes mountain, village, and field.
2. Today’s course is very long, 27 km. I am going to walk downslope and flat land.
3. I ride a train going to the starting point before dawn.
6. I arrived at the train station where I came after crossing border three days ago.
8. I started at 8:30 in the morning.
9. This is the first course in Bulgaria.
10. Bus stop looks friendly.
11. I am walking a quiet road.
12. This is double-decked brick house which I saw in North Macedonia. Because of peculiar porous brick, this house looks less cold. I came upon an idea.
13. Korean ondol system is installed in one-story house. How about installing ondol to two-story house? If we make the smoke which came around hypocaust go up to upstairs and go around hypocaust once more, then will it work? When the smoke go around ondol in upstairs it will heat the ceiling of downstair. Then the heat efficiency will be very high. If there is a technique of sealing the gap to prevent leakage, it may work. Several pieces of firewood may be enough to heat the two-story house for one day. It might be a good solution to climate crisis.
15. I saw a snow-covered mountain far away.
16. Landmark to Sophia.
17. I met a big road.
20. I rested over a cup of coffee at this small shelter.
22. I met horse ranch.
24. Now it is downslop of 10 km.
26. I met this gentleman.a private house.
27. He gave me a bunch of apples. I may eat apple snack until the day after tomorrow.
28. It is Saturday today. I wave hands to the drivers while I walk this road. They driver and the passenger waves hands back to me. I do not feel any antagonism against an Oriental.
31. Cows and horses are getting along well.
32. Horses with curiosity come to me and stare at a traveler. It was a fresh experience.
33. I could see Kyustendi city with population of 45,000.
34. The resident waves hand to me.
35. There are few cars with tinting in Europe. I can see the face of passenger inside. Most passengers look at me and find out that I have walked a long distance, and greets me with smile. When several cars are passing by me I just stand and wave hand. Then I receive many greetings. Small investment brings high returns. Mostly women grasp the situation faster than men, and smile fast.
36. Children appeared in the soccer field.
37. This is the food I ate as lunch at a village restaurant. It was nice to eat rice without any side dishes.
38. The park seems leisurely.
38. This gentleman introduced himself as an architect, and spoke a fluent English. He encouraged my pilgrimage.
39. An old mosque.
41. It was fantastic to see white mountain over the roof in the streets.
42. Tomorrow, I have to walk 28 km, and cross the pass in the mountain.
44. Villagers are playing with a horse.
45. A horse is pulling a cart.
48. I took this picture by zoom-in. It is very symbolic picture having white mountain and quiet village and flat land.
49. I arrived at the train station, today’s destination. Then the train going to my shelter enters just in time.
50. Near the shelter, a resident asked me to take a selfie. I took same selfie.