Today, I decided to go to Sofia, the Bulgarian capital, two and a half hours away by train.
1. The cover photo is with the youth I met in the train.
These cute children read the English version of ‘ the ‘2018 Seoul Draft of the Charter on Earth Life’ in pamphlet that I distributed.
2. I reached Sophia Central Station.
3. Sofia has a population of 1,240,000; 1.7 million in the metropolitan area.
4. The snowy big mountain in the south of the city is a wonderful landscape.
It’s called Vitosha Mountain.
6. A view of Central Station and Square.
I stopped at the mobile shop and bought new usim chip.
The new number in Bulgaria is +359 8 8889 1279.
7. Mt. Geumgang is also a post-dinner. It walks 3 kilometers through the city center to the Korean restaurant.
Eating is the most important thing.( In Korea proverb, Sightseeing of the Mt. Geumgang (which is the best sightseeing place located in North Korea) is after eating dinner. I walk 3 kms through the city center to the Korean restaurant.
8. It is a memorable tram.
9. Walking through the city, I see the ruins of the bridge built in Roman Empire era.
13. I pass by the Chinese restaurant.
It is a big city, but Asians are not visible. It may be the effect of the new coronavirus disaster in China. .
Of course, few people wore masks.
15. It’s a city with well developed tram lines which coexists with the roads.
16. Mosque and the sites of the Ottoman era.
18. A shelf selling snacks.
21. I met a flower shop.
23. I take this tram around the corner and the driver waves to me. It seems that he welcome tourists.
24. It is a pedestrian street in the city where people gather.
26. This open-air cafe is open 24 hours a day, while I am taking a picture, the guests inside the cafe wave me with pleasure reading ‘South Korea’ written on my body.
I came here today to see the atmosphere, the people’s responding.
27. The pedestrian street, which is about 1km, has this kind of crosses for car in the middle.
28. The Vitosha Mountain in the south continues to be seen while walking this street.
It is a well-planned city.
33. Dogs look comfortable too.
34. I finally arrive at a Korean restaurant. I taste kimchi stew in a long time.
35. The Bulgarian girls I met in the dining room. They look happy.
36. A city bus to the History Museum, 5 km away. Surprisingly, they don’t take bus fares, which is real welfare.
It makes sense that the public government will collect taxes from other places and provide free city bus service to the citizen.
38. Bulgaria’s topographical and ancient sites. Sophia is in the western mountainous terrain.
40. It is a scene where precious metal ornaments are displayed in the excavated old tomb as they are.
41. I see economic vitality.
I also visited a large shoe store.
A pair of slightly dull Northface shoes seems to be more suitable for Long-distance walking .
I bought additional shoes and decided to put them on alternately with my current shoes.
42. I arrive at the central station early and wait for the train to return to the hostel.
43. This train has a partition. Selfie with the passengers I know.