1. Cover photo is the center of Thessaloniki. This city belong to Greece. But it is an international port city which has economic energy of several countries in historical geography. Namuwiki dictionary explains Thessaloniki in detail.
2. The owner of Dionisos Hotel where I stayed four days moved my baggate to Leptokarya station by his car early in the morning. I took a selfie with him.
3. I checked in a hotel in front of Thessaloniki station. Then I went out for city tour. The best way for tour is to ride on a bus and go to the last stop and come back. Then I can figure out the important points and buildings.
4. I could see this historical remains through bus window.
5. When I left downtown area I got off the bus and visited Orthodox Church.
8. The splendid apperance inside the Church. I imagined the Thessaloniki people sitting here who received Paul’s letter. And I was thinking about the long history of Orthodox Church. I thought over and over again about the aspiration of people in long history.
12. The birth place of Turkish godfather, Ataturk, is in this city. Greek government donated it.
The birth place was located on my walking course. I stopped by.
13. The inside was used as museum. The security was grave, but I did not why.
14. Burned car is loaded. There was a terror nearby a few days ago. Turkey is in unstable state so far.
16. This is remains of Roman Empire. This was going to be used as tomb of Emperor Galerius, but it was changed to temple.
18. This is Triumphal Arch of Emperor Galerius.
19. This was made at 303 A.D. It looks magnificient. Galerius was born in a poor family. But he rose up to the position of Emperor. He is a symbol of superiority of Roman system in selection of fit persons for higher positions. Roman system was based on openness and tolerance.
21. University of Aristotle. The name of the university is so attractive that I would like to study at this university.
22. CO2-free coffee shop. They are moving ahead of us.
23. I entered Archeological Museum.
33. The stone statue in Roman era. The standard of beauty in that era was not thin waste, to say the least.
34. Byzantium Museum.
36. I came out of the museum. I could see statue of Alexander the Great at a square adjacent to Aegean Sea.
38. Fortress of Osman Turk era.
39. Inside of the fortress was changed to museum.
44. For a long history, many people appeared and disappeared at this international port city.
This city deserves more stay for tour. It is a regret that I stay only one day.
46. The view of city seen from the watchtower.
47. This crack was used for the artillery toward Aegean Sea.
48. On my way back home, I saw this bakery having a tradition of 100 years.
49. I asked the manager the brand which was made for 100 years. I bought it for commemoration. The bread was made by mixing fresh cream and wafer. It tasted wonderful.
50. In the meantime, I became facebook friend with the manager.