Litochoro Station ~ Katerini ~ Korinos Station
1. Cover photo is the message which Mr. Kim Geun Soo posted in his facebook couple of days ago. He is a Catholic theologian. Again I realized the message to be true, today.
2. The distance of today’s pilgrimage is 26 km.
3. I could not finish pilgrim’s diary because I was in a hurry to catch the train. When I arrived at the starting station, I finished pilgrim’s diary at the waiting lounge of station. Afterwards I started today’s pilgrimage. The background mountain in this selfie is Mount Olympus.
4. Magnificent appearance of Mount Olympus. The top of the mountain is seen dimly.
6. A lonely boat was floating on Aegean sea.
7. The man in the boat is absorbed in angling.
8. After walking for a while, I felt like eating coffee. I entered a restaurant. The owner gestured that it was not open.
9. However, I am a persistent guy. I expressed my intention by saying the word ‘coffee’ and gesture.
10. Recognizing me as pilgrim who have walked a long distance, the lady owner boiled water and served me with coffee and cookie. I explained about New Silk Road, and she was surprised. Finally she welcomed me.
11. Selfie with her.
12. Selfie with other people.
13. Naysika is the name of this hotel where I had a fine view of the sea and Mount Olympus.
18. I was absorbed in thinking while I was walking countryside road. I think about the works I have to do in the future. There are two scenarios: optimistic and pessimistic one. I do not need to think over and over the pessimistic scenario. When it takes place, then I respond to the situation and find out alternative. The troublesome one is optimistic scenario. When things go well, I usually meet a problem unexpected. Many people expect me and encourage me to solve the problem. I have to do my best to solve the problem. I have to think about the whole picture of future events. Therefore, I have to think about scenario of long time span. Walking helps thinking. The existence of plantar stimulus makes a big difference in thinking.
19. Then somebody in the back calls me. I was passing by suit outlet mall.
20. The workers of the outlet mall invited me for a cup of coffee by waving.
21. Instead of coffee, I asked for a cup of water. Then they served me with water and bread.
22. I took a selfie with the executives of the outlet mall. All of them looked very nice.
23. I was absorbed in thinking again. Today’s theme was the problem of radioactive dangers coming from nuclear power plants. There was an article in MediaToday magazine. See the address below.
24. Around two o’clock in the afternoon, I arrived at Katerini city which had a population of 60,000.
26. Playground and swing.
27. I found this good restaurant by Google Map.
28. Baked bread and risotto of sea food.
29. Baked salmon and vegetables. Even the sauce was delicious. The price was 16 euros.
Since I had a heavy lunch, I decided to take a light supper.
30. I was following a shorcut which Google Map guided. Then I got into a countryside road again.
32. The wheat is growing well.
34. Hens are enjoying freedom.
35. I reached today’s destination, Korinos village. I took rest while I was waiting for the train. I received this cookie from the driver who stopped his car and gave it to me. It was very delicious.
36. Korinos station is a whistle stop without any building.
37. I came back to my shelter. The sea over the window looked bright.
38. I looked up the sky. The moon was shining brightly in the night sky.