We stay one more day in Tbilisi and we move to Batumi which is located at Black Sea and near from Turkey.
1. I prepared this breakfast with Prof. Lee together.
Garlic and hot pepper mash are essential in every meal.
Breakfast is very plentiful during summer pilgrimage of this year.
2. The first visit of last day in Tbilisi was to go to Jewish synagogue. This is my first visit to synagogue.
3. Inside of synagogue
4. The portraits of rabbi decorated the wall. The hexagonal star was seen. The majority of Georgia is Orthodix Christians.
However, Muslims and Jews coexist in Georgia.
5. A procession of citizens
6. One of tourist attractions in Tbilisi is this beautiful bridge which was made only for pedestrians.
7. The bridge showed curved beauty. I think that time is ripe for Han River to have bridges only for pedestrians.
If we invite international participation for design of the bridge, we may see wonderful design.
8. We took a picture on the bridge.
9. The Presidential Palace is on top of the hill. The location of the Palace seems to be the best place in that area.
10. I can see beauties on walls of Georgian streets.
12. I took a rest at uphill alley which leads to Trinity Church of Tbilisi.
13. I arrived at entrance of Trinity Church.
14. I took a selfie with travelers in Trinity Church.
17. This Orthodix Church had monastery and seminary right here.
18. Inside of the Church
20. The atmosphere was very solemn.
21. Prof. Lee stands in front of entrance of the Church.
22. I could see wall paintings at underground passage.
23. A description about distribution of wall paintings
25. A village at old sector of Tbilisi
27. There was a performance of ringing the bell at determined hours. Travelers are looking up the bell tower.
27. A spring is still used.
29. I became friends with the workers of restaurant right in front of our shelter.
30. A baby and his mother
31. Dance performance is served by restaurant.
32. The next day I left for Batumi. In the morning I was waiting for the bus going to railway station.
33. Prof. Lee is posing at escalator of subway. The escalator went down very deeply.
34. I took a selfie with the workers at coffee shop. They were reluctant to take a picture.
It is not easy to take the photo of Georgian beauties.
35. Railway course leading to Batumi.
35-1 Scenery from the train seat
36. I was looking outside of the window.
37. I took a selfie with the children.
40. Train ran five hours. Now I see Black Sea.
41. The color of Black Sea was not black.
42. Getting off the train, Prof. Lee is walking with baggage.
43. The city of Banumi is seen far away.
44. The color of this section of Black Sea is black. Some people enjoy sun-tan.
45. I tried zoom-in. Georgian beauties were there.
46. After walking for a while, we got on a mini-bus going to downtown.
I just jumped in the bus, not knowing the destination. Luckily, the bus was going to the direction of our shelter.
47. We got off the bus. We walked toward our shelter. I met this modern building at seaside.
48. This is the view seen from our shelter. I can see the swimmers at the beach.
I searched B&B shelter by internet, and found this at reasonable price.
The width of our shelter was about 33 square meter. I paid 100 dollars for two nights.