1. The 1st pilgrimage was proceeded during April 24~26. I am walking again in one month.
2. The distance is about 35km from Pohang City Hall to GyeongJu.
4. On the first day of pilgrimage, five pilgrims started in front of Pohang City Hall. These pilgrims joined the walking pilgrimage from the 100th anniversary of 3.1 Independence Movement, last year. All of us are wearing masks, the symbol of Coronavirus era.
5. Late spring flowers are in full blossom.
7. We walked along Hyeongsan River.
8. There were many flowers everywhere.
9. Children are rejoicing with us.
10. I handed out English pamphlets to curious kids.
11. They were 5th graders in elementary school. They were very curious about my pilgrimage. They followed me with bicycles and asked me many questions.
12. This is Angye Lake near Yangdong village. The ambiance was fantastic.
12-1. Yangdong village was as beautiful as a picture.
13. The shelter of the first day was old house of Maesan.
14. I did not know at the time of reservation. When I saw the house, I found out that I stayed at this house 6 years ago. It was 2014 when I was fighting with president of Suwon University over school management. I was dismissed from the university and I walked all over the country. At that time, I stayed at this house.
15. From the deck of main hall, it commands a fine view.
16. The next day, we took a picture with members of Green Education Network who joined the pilgrimage at previous night.
20. Before starting, we recite ‘The 2018 Seoul Draft of The Charter on Earth-Life’.
Korean version is found at following site.
21. We have to walk 24 km, today.
22. After breakfast, we walked along Hyeongsan River.
24. Hyeongsan River had no dam. Fish in the sea come back to river to lay eggs. It is an ecologic stream where many birds live at.
25. The quality of water is not good enough. The wastewater from feedlots are not purified.
26. We walked on the bank along the river.
28. Lonely farmer is planting rice seedlings with agricultural machine.
With this machine, he can manage wide rice paddy. Recently rice cultivation made a progress on Arabian desert, which was reported by Korea post.
29. The barley field is waiting for harvest. For the field to keep barley and rice together, the rice seeds must be spread. After a couple of days, the barley is harvested and the barley straws are spread to cover the rice. I would like to try this experiment someday.
30. At pavilion, we rested.
31. After entering into Gyeongju city, I could find such King’s tomb from place to place.
32. A pond near Cheomseongdae.
33. A pair of love bird is swimming.
34. Seokbinggo kept ice which were cut from river ice plate.
36. We walked along the forest road at Wolseong.
37. We arrived at Gyochon village where Rich Choi is living.
The mountain ridges seen far away was impressive.
38. Cheomseongdae at night.
39. We rested at shelter of Rich Choi Academy with comfort which was possible by the care of Elder Choi Yeom.
40. The composition of old Gyochon village.
41. Six valuable sayings of Rich Choi family.
43. We took a picture.
44. Another picture at the inner house of Rich Choi.
45. We arrived at Jibo temple at Gunwi.
47. This is tomb stone of Munsoo Monk who burned himself 10 years ago.
48. At monument, the aims of the monk was written in detail.
49. With Munsoo Monk.