Today I am going to take rest after carrying baggage to next shelter. I left Pirot and rode train for more than 2 hours. I arrived at shelter in front of Nis station, and took rest. Nis is a city with a population of 200,000.
I reviewed again the materials of ‘Agenda of No-nukes policy of Germany’ which were posted in August, 2019 edition of webzine. Executive staff Lee Seung Eun and I made the manuscript public in July, 2019.
[발제문] 독일 탈원전 연구의 아젠다(이원영 수원대교수, 이승은 국토미래연구소연구원)
Here, I introduce the subtitles and themes which were reviewed at the webzine.
1. Summary of No-nukes policy in Germany
– The particulars and present state of German no-nukes policy: History of No-nukes and implications for Earth village
– The summary of German no-nukes policy and chronology
– It is necessary to study more about the contents which German ambassador to Korea indicated.
2. Fact-checking of controversial issues related with electricity supply
– How did Germany become a country exporting electricity even after declaration of nu-nukes policy?
– The change of electricity supply & grid technology, and implications
3. Citizens’ campaign and public opinion
– The particulars of citizens’ campaign in early days and the growth of public sector
– Coalition of German political parties, and trial and error in decision making process of no-nukes
– What is the contribution of Green Party? How to apply to other countries?
– What is the role of religious sector in the process of no-nukes?
– The underlying reason of no-nukes policy supported by both Catholics and Protestants
– The role of various research institutes and academic community
4. Human rights and ethics
– Interpretation of German law as a basic human right to live safe
– The particulars of declaration of nu-nukes policy in 2011
– Role of ethics committee consisting of 17 members
– Ethics of decision making related with nuclear energy
– The contents of curriculum related with no-nukes at school system
5. Social costs of nuclear energy
– How does Germany compute social cost of nuclear energy?
6. Politics and National institutions
– Particulars and effectiveness of important legislation which encouraged no-nukes and energy-shift
– How did renewable energy act (2000) facilitate energy-shift?
– The coordination between central government and local government after declaration of no-nukes policy
– Trend in leading cases of German court after Kalkar verdict
– How to cope with fake news?
7. Safety of citizens
– How is the monitoring system of nuclear power plants operating?
– How do the citizens watch out the hazards of NPT and radiation?
– Construction of NPT management system and risk prevention system in EU and Germany
– In case of nuclear accident, what is the risk management system and preventive measures of disaster?
– How did the legal system related with nuclear safety change?
– Voluntary publicity of nuclear risks and system of whistle-blowing
8. Dismantling NPT
– The German experience of dismantling NPT, present status, and future plan
– The coordination process among university/research institutions/companies in NPT dismantling business
9. Problem of nuclear waste
– German handling of nuclear waste: what is the status of nuclear waste treatment?
10. Energy self-sufficiency and energy-shift
– German viewpoint of energy as a power: participatory energy and monopolistic energy
– Status of renewable energy technology led by Germany
– The relationship between employment and energy-shift
– Economic contribution by energy-shift cooperative unions
– Energy-shift policy and change of finance/adminstration/institution
– How to make self-sufficient city in energy?
– Ecological effects of energy-shift
– Change of eco-architecture
11. Market and company
– Response of market and corporational measures in times of no-nukes: new trend after declaration for no-nukes by Siemens and other companies like E-on, RWE, and so on.
12. The task of no-nukes in Earth village
– How does Germany cope with the climate crisis and no-nukes?
– The resistance of old energy concern (pro-nukes supporters): the activities of international nuclear mafia in Germany and counter-measures by no-nukes supporters
For more information, you can find the full text of the article regarding German Ambassador Schtephan Hour in September, 2017 at the site below.
To study German case and present status is very important for us and Earth village as well. I expect experts in various fields to research on these topics.