17km(10km + 7km)
1. Cover photo is the scene of Pernik region in Bulgaria when it snowed.
2. According to original schedule, I was supposed to walk from Pernik station to Ivanyane station which was blue dotted line on the map, 23 km.
3. However, it snowed last night. I was going to Pernik station, today’s starting point.
5. I started at 10:20.
7. I got out of city where 80,000 population lives.
8. I walk at outskirt of the city. ‘Snow Country’ is the right word for this scene.
11. Such a quiet snow country reminds me of the novel which Gawabata Yasnari wrote. The title of the novel was ‘Snow Country’. I don’t remember exactly what the story was, but I think the novel described pure life like snow and aesthetics of death.
12. I entered a village.
13. This youth was very curious about traveler, and he followed and talked to me. I explained silk road briefly, and took a selfie with him.
16. I feel nice when I see such a brick house under construction. I am sure the insulation of this house goes well. There is an environmental concept, LCA (Life Cycle Assessment) which evaluates the environmental impact througout the life cycle of a product.
One of the reasons that I liked the life style of Indian rural village was LCA. LCA is an important grammar in the era of climate crisis.
19. I had lunch at this restaurant in village of Divotino.
21. Right after lunch, I met a problem. It started to snow heavily.
22. I walked out of the village, and entered unpaved road. I could not see the road because of sudden snow.
23. I could not go further toward the hilly country at the point of 10 km. Sudden blizzard covered the road, and I could not find road. I retreated to the village and reviewed the course.
24. I decided to change the course. I go back to Pernik, and walk toward Daskalovo station. This is the first time that I changed the course in the middle of walking.
25. I was lucky on my way back to Pernik. I was walking toward bus stop in the village. An aged driver of car gave me a ride. I got off the car and dropped by a coffee shop. I reviewed the course and started to walk again.
26. Someone cleared the snow sincerely.
28. I walk such a big road. The sidewalk is wide and safe.
29. A small stream beside the road.
30. I thought over the news of yesterday that Japanese government plans to discharge radioactive-polluted water into the sea. I heard from two Japanese expert who participated in the seminar held in last spring that it is not so expensive to keep the radioactive water for a long time.
The English version of the seminar is found at the address below.
There is enough land to keep the polluted water and it is not expensive. To propose a nice idea, how about installing solar panels over the storage tanks? What is the hidden intention of Abe government’s nuclear policy? My guess is Abe wants to threaten the neighboring government by discharging the radioactive water. He seems to say, “I will decide after your reaction”. He seems to play the role of an extra actor whom you can find out in the movie ‘Train in Snow Country’. He seems to play the baby.
32. I took a selfie with the people waiting at bus stop. They waved to me.
33. My straw hat is good for every weather, rain or snow. It keeps me safe from all weather. Rain or snow in this region is very clean. It washes out the dust on the hat. It is nice and recycling.
34. After supper, I arrived at a whisle stop. I asked the official of the station who was in charge of ticketing where I can find a vending machine for coffee. He said, “There is none”.
35. After a while he made a cup of coffee by himself, and brought it to me at waiting room. I was deeply moved!
36. I went back to the ticketing window. I took a selfie with him.
37. I tasted a wonderful coffee.