Katlanovo ~ Arachinovo
1. Today is New Year’s Day in lunar calendar.
I took a selfie with children of Kadino village.
2. Today is the first day of the 44 km two-days course which starts from Katlanovo village via Scopje suburb to Kumanovo.
3. I moved to the starting point in village by bus no. 53, which leave 08:25 in the morning. To check this information, I have been to bus terminal yesterday.
4. The double-deck bus which I saw at Hong Kong was running in Scopje. I sat at front seat in upstairs.
5. I looked down the streets of Scopje.
6. I walked to the destination point where I went three days ago. I took a selfie for commemoration.
7. The full view of Katlanovo village.
8. I walk in the field following ordinary car road.
11. There was a winery at the slope facing south-west. The dry slope land in sunny side is one of necessary conditions for growing good wine grapes. From my observation of famous wineries on the map, I realized that the best locations for winery are mostly found at eastward side, or south-eastward slope. Isn’t it because the rising sun takes away morning dew and stimulates the grape bunches? What is important for grape is stimulus from outside, I guess.
12. A driver stopped his car and raised his thumb up.
14. A residence area is close to big road.
16. Now I am entering a residence village. Kadina village is close to large city, but keeps country-like atmosphere.
18. School playgound.
19. This double-deck bus shuttles from this village to Scopje.
20. I met school girls while I walk. I waved my hands and greeted them. Then I pointed silk road ad on my chest and shouted “South Korea!” They exclaimed with surprise. In such a case, K-Pop helps a lot. I showed them pamphlet, and they understood about pilgrimage in a moment. They were struck with wonder.
21. I tried second selfie to get rid of shade on beauty.
22. They were keeping corn, pimento, garlic, and seeds by dangling at look-out shed.
23. Hens are enjoying freedom. The animals deserve to keep such a free life as long as they are alive.
24. Houses are small and old. But I saw easiness and leisure in the village.
26. I was entering a street with many new houses.
27. I met a group of elementary schoolers. I handed out pamphlet and explained New Silk Road in English. They understood very well. Their English pronunciation is better than my English.
28. They asked me many questions regarding my course, future plan etc. They were exclaimed at my explanation. They asked traveler to take selfie with them.
29. I took out a map which I carry in my backpack. This is a new small-size map I made for pilgrimage in Europe. I used it once in Athens, and this is second use of the map. Children took photo with this map. What kind of reminiscence will be left for them?
30. Lanes for bicycles and pedestrians.
32. I ate two kinds of tasty dish. The price was 17,000 Korean won. These days I eat good breakfast and good lunch. Instead, I eat very light supper.
34. The children riding bicycle follows me with curiouslty. I handed out pamphlet and gave a very brief explanation and walked away. They read the pamphlet and followed me again. Now it is time for selfie.
36. Last time, I explained about this two-story brick house with Macedonian style. Insulation seems to be very good, and heat efficiency would be very high. The heat efficiency is an important grammar in the age of climate crisis.
37. They used energy-saving bricks up to 7 stories. I am sure there is reinforcing inside structure, but it means that outside bricks stand up to 7 stories.
39. I ate coffee at pizza store. I took selfie with people at the store.
40. A truck passes the railway and highway at the same time.
41. Now I can see Arachinovo village, today’s destination.
43. Mosque is today’s destination point. Though Orthodox Church is a main religion, there are considerable number of Muslims in this country.
45. Villagers welcomed me.
Categories: 16. Republic of Macedonia, Course and Diary
Leave a Reply