Gevgelija ~ Miravtsi
1. Cover photo shows adjusted new course of pilgrimage up to the end of February. I am going to reach Beograd as soon as possible.
2. The first course in North Macedonia is 22 km.
3. I started at 8:30 early in the morning from the central intersection of Gevgelija.
4. The weather was chilly and clear. The effective temperature seemed to be just over 0 degree.
5. Since this place is north of Greece, it seems to be colder than Greece. I could see snow-covered mountains far away.
8. Now I entered suburb area.
10. It is windy in this area. They have wind power plants at mountain ridge.
11. They sell carp-like freshwater fish.
13. Houses are made of baked bricks.
14. The terrains look like Korean landscape.
15. Clouds are cast low.
18. It is time for cabbage harvest.
20. When I was walking along this road, I was reminded of the conversation with Professor Han kyuseok who is teaching psychology at Jeon-nam University through kakao talk.
21. We were talking about the psychology of those who believe in nuclear power plant. They see what they want to see, and believe what they want to believe. This kind of psychological belief is called confirmation bias. I could find confirmation bias from a failed politician who said “I believe and believe in safety of nuclear power plants.” It has been a big problem that these people played an important role in the decision-making process in Korea. The Chosunilbo in Korea and Abe in Japan belong to this kind of blind believer. President Trump of America seems to be suspicious. There are many blind believers who have power in the Earth village. I feel like parent who gave gun to their indiscrete children. The basic problem of Earth village lies in the fact that the level of the humans is not high enough to control this kind of blind believers. Almost for 100 years, such a dangerous system is gaining power year by year.
22. I am enjoining wonderful landscape. I am touring at the speed of 4 km per hour. I am walking in the headwinds.
23. Around lunch time, I reached a village. There were two busts of respectable figures. Interestingly, there were two empty pedestals. It gave me a deep meaning. Untold message was so strong.
24. Baked bricks were piled up. I could see play at surface of the brick. The play effect is maximized.
25. The village was so small that I could not find a restaurant.
26, I bought bread, jam, and yogurt at mart. I sat at sunshiny place and ate lunch.
28. I became acquainted with villagers.
39. I saw sheep.
31. The clouds are lingering at mountains.
32. Clouds my have been trapped by strong wind.
33. I reached today’s destination, Miravtsi village. They were loading cabbages.
34. The villagers welcomed me.
35. I enjoyed bonfire together.
38. The persimmons are ripe at a farm house. They did not harvest the persimmon, and it becomes food for birds. I could feel humaneness.
39. I reached central square of the village. It was 3:30, but there was no bus service going back to Gevgelija. The price of taxi service was not that expensive. 500 denari is 10,000 won in Korean currency.
40. This is night scene of Gevgelija city.