Oh, well. Finally it’s the year 2020.
The number 2020 which is easy to say, has appeared in various slogans, but I also wrote the urban planning plan for 2020. The time for that number 2020 has come.
Without fail the Time must come.
5 hours and 28 minutes (27km)
1. Today’s course is 27km. The destination should be railway station returning to the hostel. There are two alternatives, 18km and 27km. I choose the latter 27km because I can depart around 8 O’clock in the morning.
2. Starting point in the central area adjacent the port.
New Year’s first morning. It is a symbolic starting point where the sea and land meet.
4. Central square.
5. An old Grease Orthodox Church.
6. Volos railway station.
7. Solar panels are arranged well on the flat roof of the one story building.
8. Happy New Year!
9. I am moving out of the city.
10. I stopped by a bakery and the mistress welcomed me the traveler with smile.
11. A sweet selfie with a kind lady in the New Year’s Morning.
12. There are many good-looking cafes.
18. The factory roof and yard are covered with solar panels without empty space.
21. Selfie with a man on the road.
22. A rural area different from the suburbs of Athens is gradually observed.
23. The first character of Volos is B in Greek.
25. There are various types of farmland.
26. Birds on the field have a lot to eat. The nativeness of sugarcane is a pollinated land and therefore many large and small insects live.
28. It is mostly wheat farming in this large flat terrain.
29. There is a snow covered mountain in the distance.
30. A monument to a dead man near the village.
31. I looked inside and saw a burning candle light.
32. During the lunchtime I passed through a town. There is no restaurant and cafe open on holidays during the end of the year and the beginning of the year. There is no people on the street. I ate bread necessarily from my backpack.
37. I thought about agricultural and dietary models related to wheat farming in Europe and their high meat intake (relative to the global average).
I had some questions and called(KaKaotalk) the farming experts in Korea.
This is a fundamental question as to whether wheat farming and herding and the European diet based on it can be a model for the global village.
38. India, where many population have long been sustainable, has a circular life centered on catyle, even if wheat is a stock.
South east Asia, Korea, and Japan use rice as their stock. Meat consumption is low.
China, which also eat a lot of wheat, is transforming into a western type. Pork consumptipn is steadily increasing. Even though it is a flat terrain rather than a slope, there is a fundamental question about whether the European wheat farming system, which is not an agricultural system that utlizes water, can become a global model.
39. Now I decided to gradually find the answer. Free Katalk calls do a part when it comes to this. This is a kind of global model.
40. Finally I reaced today’s destination. It is a small cosy station on the single-track railway. Today I walked 27kms hard.
41. A solar complex far from the station.
42. An unexpected problem has occured. Google map information says the train passes at 4:53 pm, but it’s already 5:03 pm and I never saw a train. I confused with this situation. Why is the train delayed? I saw a train running in an opposite direction about one hour ago which seemed to have operated according to the Google information. Does the train time schedule has changed at the beginning of New Year?
According to the Google information the next train is scheduled 2 hours later. Already it is becoming dark.
While I was thinking this and that , a villager appeared and waited for the train. I was relieved. He must know the exact train time schedule.
43. Then a train emerges in a distance. 20 minutes delayed?
44. When I asked the crew, he told me the train is on time. Probably there was a something wrong in Google information.
45. In the evening, I found a nice restaurant in Volos.
46. Oven-cooked rosted pig meal. It was a rich meal, only 14 Euros.