1. I restarted my pilgrimage in 4 months. In August, I traveled through Central Asia and went to Istanbul where I met Patriarch Bartholomew. Afterwards, I went to Athens by ship. From now on, I am going to walk from Athens to Vatican. I already walked 5,000 km except waterway in order to meet Dalai Lama.
2. I paid 20 eurodollar to buy Vodafone usim chip for 10 GB data-use. It was not cheap.
In Greece, my phone number is +30 69488 13318.
3. I went to central city in the evening of 23, December when I arrived at Athens.
4. I could sense Christmas in the streets.
6. At Syntagma Square which is located in front of Greek Parliament, people were performing busking. It is evident that Greece is the origin of square culture.
7. On the first day, I decided to walk 5.4 km and look around tourist attractions. It will be my proper warming-up. The starting point is my shelter, Socrates Hotel near Athens station. The name of hotel sounds great, but it is a medium-level hotel. I paid 130,000 won for 4 nights, which was sale price.
8. Firstly, I visited Greece Archaeology Museum.
9. This map shows the historic sites in Greece and Aegean Sea by era. I have heard of ‘Aegean Civilization’.
10. Is this the appearance of ancient Greek people?
11. Here I see obsidian again.
12. This shows the terrain and distribution of ancient historic sites.
14. The elementary schoolers are listening to explanation about bronze statue of Zeus.
16. In intermission after hard study of archaeology, I enjoyed ice cream and Greek coffee which is followed by sweet dessert at cafe of museum square. This taste must have been inherited from ancient Greece.
17. I was reminded of the design of chairs which I saw at subway station yesterday. The concept of the design looked like the old Greek relics.
17. The Greek characters looked like mathematics symbols. Sigma, Phi, Theta etc are familiar. This picture shows the name of subway stations.
18. I found the city hall (building with flag), and tried to find materials of urban planning. But it was not open to civilians. I will try other places tomorrow.
19. Today’s important destination was Greek Orthodox Church.
20. Inside of the church.
21. I bowed to a man who looked like a priest.
22. I could see such old churches everywhere in the city.
23. This pedestrian way is noteworthy. There was a low barricade to stop cars.
24. Streetcars are running in big streets.
25. The Olympia temple of Zeus.
26. Acropolis and Olympia temple.
27. Hadrian Gate of Triumph in the direction of Acropolis.
28. The picture of Olympian Temple.
29. I went to large street, and took a selfie with Hadrianus Gate of Triumph. The name comes from significant Roman Emperor. I absorbed the emperor’s energy and stored it.
30. Acropolis in the way to Agora.
31. This kind of historic and culture trail is noteworthy.
32. This low barricade sends no-entry message to cars.
35. In the direction of hills, these steps stop the cars.
36. Acropolis and Parthenon Temple.
37. This old library was built by Emperor Hadrianus.
36. The signboard shows the old relics which are located closeby.
39. I arrived at Agora.
40. This is the place of ancient Agora.
42. I tried panorama picture of Agora at photo zone.
This is my first trial of panorama picture, and the result was somewhat satisfactory.
43. According to documents, stoa means pillar of public building. In the brisk era of Greek philosophy, people used to make eloquencies and debate academic theories at places like this picture. The stoic school thought that all creatures of universe are homegeneous and are inter-related with each other. With one step further, the stoic school thought that God, nature, destiny, and providence are all synonyms. The difference is that some work as reactor, and some work as receiver. The stoic people said sometimes that humans are citizens of cosmopolis, the universe. In spring of 2017, Professor Cho Seunglae whose major was cultural history said that the significance of New Silk Road movement for Life & No-nuke lies in the same context of Greek stoicism which insisted that world citizenship beyond nationalism was important. See more details at site below.
44. The inside of the building which has stoa is like this. This space is used as museum.
I wonder what was the fuction of this space In the past.
46. It was about 2600 ~ 2300 years ago when the Greek philosophy flourished at Agora. You can find more about Greek philosophy at the site below.
This picture reminds me of the Buddhist Temple Sarnat which was built 2500 years ago in India. Confucius lived in the same era. What happened to the Earth at the time? Was there a cosmic impact to stimulate the human DNA?
47. Finishing Agora tour, I went to seashore by electric railroad to see Aegean Sea. This picture showes Pireas port which is a port of Athens.
48. This sea is the very sea which I crossed four months ago.