Demir Kapir ~ Negotino
1. Cover photo is ordinary road I walked today.
2. Today’s course is ordinary 20 km.
3. This view is seen from the shelter.
5. I ate bread, omelet, and coffee as breakfast.
6. The waiter of Moderna Hotel was very kind and spoke fluent English. A selfie with him.
7. I took selfie with the driver who carried my baggage to next hotel, 18 km apart. He asked 450 denari (9,000 Korean won) but I gave him 500 denari.
8. I started to walk from 9:30. Today’s course was different from yesterday’s course. It was an ordinary road, and the weather was cloudy and chilly.
9. Dogs are playing in the field.
10. This type of road continued for a whole day. This country is small in width. And the population is also small. The population density of this country is smaller than Greece, and 1/6 of Korea. Considering the mountainous terrain. When the population density is low, it is hard to develop public transportation. The profitability of public transportation is not assured, and the government has to pay subsidy. For that reason, I could not see bus in this country. The Korean population density of habitable land may be ranked high in the world. That is why public transportation system makes profit in Korea.
11. Priviate transportation is not desirable in the era of climate change crisis. Regardless of climate crisis, it is better for people to live in compact system. In case of compact city, the maintenance cost is low, and CO2 is reduced. Compact city is good for walking and economic activities.
12. Sometimes, we complain about the huge size of metropolitan area in Korea. But there is advantage for Koreans to live in Han River watershed which supply enough water, in the era of climate crisis. It is necessary for us to see the world in different grammar. I though of a new name ‘grammar in climate crisis era.’
13. A sculpture.
14. This seems to express the life of common people.
18. They seem to grow plants which do not demand much water.
20. I am approaching destination village. I see this kind of heavy soil without any gravels after a long while. It’s like a sponge having cushion, which is good for walking.
21. I reached Negotino which has a population of 20,000.
22. I went to a gourmet restaurant which was recommended by Google Map. I took a selfie with the people whom I got acquainted with.
23. The gentleman sitting second from far right proposed me drinking alcohol. I refused courteously. He asked me If I do not drink at all. I answered that I am going to drink after I reach Vatican.
26. I went to railway station to find out information about train. The door is locked. There seems to be no time table of train. I think the train I saw last time was not a regular train. Railway for freight is operating actively, but railway for passengers is not. This may be explained by population density.
27. I reached the shelter around 3:30 in the afternoon. The solar panels on the roof catch my eyes.